Senior Network Engineer Level 4
In a constantly changing world, we work together with our people, clients and communities to enable them to fulfill their potential to do great things. We believe that by bringing everyone together, we can solve problems using innovative technology that can create a world that is sustainable and secure. At NTT, we encourage you to remain continuously curious, as that is what keeps you fast, flexible and relevant. No two days will be the same but that is what will help you grow and realize your full potential.
The power is in your hands to do great things. It’s time to lead the change, be the authentic you, to solve difficult challenges, to set the pace of change and to unleash your potential.
Want to be a part of our team?
As a senior member of the Network team, you will be an integral part of our technical engineering and operations community and take ownership of the network! You will work on a range of client projects. across multiple vendors and technologies (Cisco, Linux, VM Ware, Cloud Azure and AWS).
We are looking for an experienced Network Engineer who understands the best approach to building and managing enterprise networks - an approach that maintains a balance between adopting new technologies whilst maintaining stability.
There are excellent opportunities to expose yourself to new technologies, with a clearly defined career path available
Due to current covid 19 restrictions the role will be working remotely (WFH). Post covid restrictions there will be a mix of office, home and client site.
Please note - due to the nature of the role, all applicants must be Australian citizens in order to obtain a baseline clearance.
Working at NTT
The key responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to:
- Act as a technical escalation point for the team in order to ensure network related events are managed and satisfactorily resolved with speed and precision
- Demonstrate the aptitude and ability to handle complex issues and configurations and perform necessary tasks
- Build, implement and deliver network projects and solutions based on business and customer requirements
- Respond to work requests or take initiative to process changes to the network so that it operates more efficiently. This could involve repairing, improving, upgrading or extending functionality of the network
- Develop and deploy optimal processes and procedures and ensure global consistency
- Proactively contribute and assist with the development of automation and orchestration for physical and virtual network appliances
- Enable feedback loops between Engineering, Operations, Project and Sales
- Document and adhere to managed services best practice
- Work with the team to plan prioritise workload and projects, respond to requests, and be responsible for leading the day-to-day operations of networking technologies and tools
What will make you a good fit for the role?
- Thorough knowledge of network protocols routing and switching, technologies and monitoring tools
- Routers and Switches - Any combination of Cumulus, Cisco, Arista and Juniper
- Understanding of SD WAN highly desirable
- Firewalls - Juniper SRX, Cisco ASA's, including VPN technologies
- Load Balancers - F5 (LTM, GTM, ASM, APM)
- Strong understanding of enterprise Linux and Windows operating systems as well as virtualisation technologies
- Exposure to ASP/MSP/ISP/Telco hosting and related environments
- Knowledge of security best practices and vulnerability management
- Understanding of ITIL and formalised change management processes