Systems Engineer (Level 2)
In a constantly changing world, we work together with our people, clients and communities to enable them to fulfill their potential to do great things. We believe that by bringing everyone together, we can solve problems using innovative technology that can create a world that is sustainable and secure. At NTT, we encourage you to remain continuously curious, as that is what keeps you fast, flexible and relevant. No two days will be the same but that is what will help you grow and realize your full potential.
The power is in your hands to do great things. It’s time to lead the change, be the authentic you, to solve difficult challenges, to set the pace of change and to unleash your potential.
Want to be a part of our team?
This is a level 2 operational role within the Systems Operations team based in Sydney CBD or Melbourne CBD. This team underpins some of NTT’s Managed Services and Cloud product portfolios mainly across our Australian data centre locations.
This role focusses on BAU tasks along with project work and incident management – all of which fall under operational management based on the ITIL framework
There are excellent opportunities to expose yourself to new technologies and a clearly defined career path waiting for you.
Working at NTT
You would be responsible for:
- Development and maintenance of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Responding to incidents with a focus to minimise downtime and customer impact
- Development of runbook scripting for repeatable items
- Customer builds through automation
- Maintenance of highly-available, scalable, robust systems and take ownership of issues as they occur
- Continuous improvement of documentation (our internal managed services framework) as well as keeping all customer documentation up to date
- Undertaking ad-hoc out of business hours work for occasional tasks
What will make you a good fit for the role?
- Proficiency in Linux (or Unix derivative) and Windows Server
- Scripting proficiency in one of the following: Python, Ruby, Bash, PowerShell
- Australian citizenship due to security clearance requirements
- Understanding of ITIL and formalised change management processes
- Virtualisation or Cloud technologies: VMware vSphere, Microsoft Azure, Red Hat Virtualisation