In a constantly changing world, we work together with our people, clients and communities to enable them to fulfill their potential to do great things. We believe that by bringing everyone together, we can solve problems using innovative technology that can create a world that is sustainable and secure. At NTT, we encourage you to remain continuously curious, as that is what keeps you fast, flexible and relevant. No two days will be the same but that is what will help you grow and realize your full potential.
The power is in your hands to do great things. It’s time to lead the change, be the authentic you, to solve difficult challenges, to set the pace of change and to unleash your potential.
Want to be a part of our team?
We are currently seeking a Principal Consultant Project Services – reporting to the Domain Director and is a member of the extended leadership group.
You will provide leadership, capability development and mentoring to a team of project managers, business analysts and testers and support to pre-sales activities
Be accountable for the delivery governance of major projects, which may include managing the technical/service relationship with the customer, and/or advising leaders on key business initiatives.
This is a permanent role based in the heart of Queen Street Mall in the Brisbane CBD.
As a Principal Consultant – Project Services, you will focus on the following areas including but not limited to:
- Ensure NTT business and methodologies, including Delivery and Assurance (DA) process, are incorporated, understood and followed.
- Ensure NTT IP and knowledge is continuously developed, captured and re-used.
- Champion the use of NTT’s methodology, practices and processes and contribute to research and thought leadership.
- May be required to provide effective delivery assurance of engagements for one or more Services Domains.
- Provide technical and industry expertise and contribute to or lead in the development of white papers.
- Be a pro-active contributor to the organisation through the participation and/or lead competency group/s, participation and leading various forums and contribution to the effective operation of the Domain.
- Identify and work with Domain Director to minimise staff attrition including providing resolution options that balances with business considerations and constraints
Sales/Account Management Responsibilities
- Effectively liaise with customers and evaluate customers’ business needs and contribute to the strategic planning of solutions.
- Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction is achieved across all deliverables within the service offerings and method assigned.
- When required actively participate in pre-sales functions (attending client presentations, estimating effort and writing tender responses).
- Contribute to building and developing the client base and actively seek new business opportunities.
- Accountable for coaching & mentoring of project managers, testers and business analysts
- Accountable for completion of performance management
- Assist consultants to establish career goals and formalise development plans
- Provide guidance around competency groups
- Manage a team of consultants (also dependent on the size and scope of assignment).
- Provide input to work assignments and help manage risk, relationships and resources
- Demonstrate NTT’s values and behaviours and help in the management of these values and behaviours throughout the organization
To be successful in this opportunity, you will have proven experience in the following areas:
- Previous pre-sales experience
- Experience leading teams
- Consulting experience in digital domains
- Excellent communication, analytical and facilitation skills
- Ability to adapt and apply existing techniques and methodologies to new uses
- Experience in defining scope and requirements
- Specialist in one or more of project management, testing and business analyst
- Excellent oral and communication skills.
- Excellent conceptual ability, skills in analysis and problem solving.
For People Responsibilities
- Highly developed coaching & mentoring skills
- Emotional intelligence
- High level of communication & listening skills
- Ability to build and maintain solid relationships
- Have experience in leading and managing a team of people
- Ability to guide and support consultants’ career aspirations
- Knowledge and adherence to NTT’s Internal processes
- Team management capability
- High level of planning skills
- Ability to organise, motivate a team