Is innovation part of your DNA? Do you want to enable a connected future for people, organizations, and society?
Join our growing global NTT team and you’ll be part of the world’s largest ICT company (by revenue). We’ve combined the capabilities of 28 remarkable companies to become one, leading technology services provider. Together, we help our people, clients, and communities do great things with technology to create a more secure and connected future. We employ 40,000 people across 57 countries. By bringing together the world’s best technology companies and emerging innovators, we work together to deliver sustainable outcomes to businesses and the world. Innovation is part of our DNA. We believe it’s key to what makes us different. So, we strive to move forward, challenge the status quo, and drive excellence through the technologies we integrate and the services we deliver around the world. The result is connected cities, connected factories, connected healthcare, connected agriculture, connected conservation, connected mobility, and connected sport. Together we enable the connected future.
Want to be part of the team?
You are an experienced technology lawyer who will join a team which helps our business achieve great things. You will be responsible for providing legal advice and contributing to commercial decision making whilst ensuring that all operations are conducted within acceptable risk parameters and in compliance with relevant laws.
This will be a 12 month fixed term engagement to cover maternity leave.
At NTT we trust our employees to do the right thing, even when no one is watching, which is why we offer flexibility in the workplace. Whilst our job post says Sydney, we have offices rights across Australia, so we are open to Melbourne and Brisbane if that suits you.
- Contribute to the culture of the legal team.
- Lead legal negotiations and provide advice on a range of major commercial transactions.
- Sales and pre-sales support including review and preparation of tender responses.
- Provide practical, commercial and strategic advice on legal issues including interpretation of contracts, application of regulations and potential disputes
- Develop processes and procedures which contribute to the efficient operation of the legal team; and
- Ability to effectively influence and be a trusted advisor to the business.
Whilst the below attributes are ideal, we’re about culture here at NTT Legal – so don’t worry if you don’t meet all of the below criteria – we’d still love to chat to you.
- A team player who contributes to the success and culture of the team and enjoys what they do.
- At least 6-7 years of experience negotiating technology-related agreements either in private practice or an in-house environment.
- Strong experience in compliance, data security, privacy, and intellectual property matters and local data protection laws.
- An innovative and commercial thinker who can deliver solutions within a fast paced, complex and diverse environment.
- Ability to independently manage workload and operate with a high degree of autonomy.
- Proven experience providing strategic legal advice in relation to technology legal issues, interpretation of contracts and advice.
- Effective communication skills to engage and influence key stakeholders.
- A current Australian Practicing Certificate