Network Engineer L1
In a constantly changing world, we work together with our people, clients and communities to enable them to fulfill their potential to do great things. We believe that by bringing everyone together, we can solve problems using innovative technology that can create a world that is sustainable and secure. At NTT, we encourage you to remain continuously curious, as that is what keeps you fast, flexible and relevant. No two days will be the same but that is what will help you grow and realize your full potential.
The power is in your hands to do great things. It’s time to lead the change, be the authentic you, to solve difficult challenges, to set the pace of change and to unleash your potential.
Want to be a part of our team?
Working as part of a team of network engineers, you will be responsible for providing a managed service to clients to ensure that their IT infrastructure and systems remain operational through proactively identifying, investigating and resolving technical incidents and problems and to restore service to clients by managing incidents to resolution. The main goal is to ensure zero missed service level agreement conditions. You will act as the first line of support for standard and incidents and service requests, aiming to resolve them as efficiently as possible and escalate where appropriate.
This team operates in a 24x7 environment. As such, you will participate in a rotating roster where you will be on day shifts for 3-5 months, then night shift for about 1 month.
Working at NTT
- Monitor client infrastructure and solutions
- Identify problems and errors prior to or when they occur
- Routinely identify common incidents and opportunities for avoidance, as well as general opportunities for incident reduction
- Investigate first line incidents assigned and identify the root cause of incidents and problems
- Fulfil approved requests following agreed procedures
- Provide telephonic or chat support to clients when required
- Execute approved maintenance activities including patching and configuration changes
- Follow the required handover procedures for shift changes to ensure service continuity
- Report and escalate incidents where necessary
- Ensure the efficient and comprehensive resolutions of incidents and requests
- Proactively identify opportunities for work optimisation
- Update existing knowledge articles or create new ones
- Identify opportunities for work optimisation including opportunities for automation of work, request fulfilment, incident resolution and other general process improvement opportunities.
What will make you a good fit for the role?
- Sound knowledge of IT networks or systems, this be from studies such as an IT degree, TAFE or relevant vendor certifications such as CCNA, MSCA etc
- Ability to communicate and work across different cultures and social groups
- Ability to plans activities and projects well in advance, and takes into account possible changing circumstances
- Ability to maintain a positive outlook at work
- Ability to work well in a pressurised environment
- Ability to work hard and put in longer hours when it is necessary
- Ability to apply active listening techniques such as paraphrasing the message to confirm understanding, probing for further relevant information and refraining from interrupting
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances
- Ability to place client at the forefront of all interactions, understanding their requirements and creating a positive client experience throughout the total client journey