Desktop Support Engineer
In a constantly changing world, we work together with our people, clients and communities to enable them to fulfill their potential to do great things. We believe that by bringing everyone together, we can solve problems using innovative technology that can create a world that is sustainable and secure. At NTT, we encourage you to remain continuously curious, as that is what keeps you fast, flexible and relevant. No two days will be the same but that is what will help you grow and realize your full potential.
The power is in your hands to do great things. It’s time to lead the change, be the authentic you, to solve difficult challenges, to set the pace of change and to unleash your potential.
Want to be a part of our team?
NTT is looking for a Desktop Support Engineer to join our Managed Services team in NSW on a permanent position.
This resource is expected to provide onsite and remote desktop support to clients by responding to and resolving incidents and service requests whilst maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction. The Desktop Support Engineer role is primarily responsible for maintaining, managing and supporting all end-point devices for NTT's clients.
Working at NTT
- Provide quality customer service to all clients in a timely manner
- Respond to and resolve incidents and service requests escalated from the service desk
- Image laptops and desktops with Standard Operating Environment image using SCCM & AutoPilot Deployment
- Support multiple Standard Operating Environments (SOE) including desktop applications
- Investigate, diagnose and resolve hardware and software faults related to end-user devices
- Ability to respond to high priority issues in a timely manner
- Liaise with vendors, as required, to achieve problem resolution
- Cable patching for telephony and data services
- Escalate issues or problems as appropriate to management.
- Take initiative to continually develop technical knowledge and professional skills and develop documentation as required
- Manage, own and co-ordinate technical resolution of faults either remotely or onsite.
What will make you a good fit for the role?
- Experience working in a desktop support role with strong client focus, interpersonal, co-ordination, and communication skills
- Relevant industry qualifications (e.g. MCP, MCSA, MCSE)
- Technical expertise includes
- Supporting multiple Standard Operating Environments
- LAN connectivity troubleshooting
- SCCM support (imaging, app deployment, reporting) & Intune/Endpoint Deployment
- Microsoft Windows desktop Operating systems (Windows 10)
- MacOS Operating Systems
- O365 & Office for Mac
- LAN (network) connectivity troubleshooting (DHCP, IP etc)
- Hardware - Laptop break/fix
- Data and phone patching
- Desktop Security skills (virus handling, SPAM, security breaches)
- Remote access support
- Understanding of ITIL methodologies, SLAs, and case management systems.